Music & Hymns
Music for a Funeral Service in Church
Sometimes CD music can be played as the coffin is carried in and out of the Church. Not all Churches will agree to this, some Churches only allow their own Organist to play, so please speak to the Minister officiating the service as their permission is needed. If CD music is allowed, the Minister taking the service will need the required CD’s with the following details:
- Name of deceased
- Day, date and time of the service
- When in the service the CD(s) is/are to be played
- Track number and title of music
If no music is requested with the Minister, the Organist will play something appropriate on entry and exit.
Music for a Funeral Service at the Crematorium
Music can be played as we carry the coffin into the Chapel, during the service and when we exit the Chapel.
Mintlyn Crematorium have an Organist who can play the hymns during the funeral service. All other music is downloaded onto the Crematorium music system via a specialist company.
We need to know your music choices as soon as possible. Please let us know:
- The title of the song/hymn
- Order to be played
The Organist can play something appropriate on entry and exit if you prefer.
- To look at the Wesley Media music library click here.
Please note: Music is provided by a specialist company and some versions on YouTube are unable to be downloaded onto the Crematorium system as they have to be officially released songs due to copyright laws.
Live Webcast & Recording of Service at the Crematorium
With the Crematorium music system it is possible for the service to be broadcast online, recorded onto an audio CD or a DVD. These options are ideal if family/friends are away or live in a different country and are unable to attend the service in person.
The following options are available:
- Audio CD
- Webcast – the service can be broadcast online, via a password controlled website. You can watch the funeral service live or online up to a week following the funeral day. This option also includes a DVD
We will receive the CD/DVD approximately 2 weeks after the funeral service. We will notify you once we have received it.
Please note: If you would like any of these options, please contact us so we can order this service for you.
The following is a selection of more popular hymns however, there are many more you can choose:
- Abide with me
- All things bright and beautiful
- Alleluia! sing to Jesus
- Amazing grace
- And did those feet (Jerusalem)
- Be still my soul: the Lord is on your side
- Blest are the pure in heart
- Dear Lord and Father of mankind
- Eternal Father strong to save
- For all the saints who from their labours rest
- Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father
- Guide me, O thou great Redeemer
- How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
- I am the bread of life
- I heard the voice of Jesus say
- I vow to thee my country
- Immortal invisible God only wise
- In Heavenly love abiding
- Jesus lives! thy terrors now
- Jesu, lover of my soul
- Just as I am, without one plea
- Lead us, heavenly Father, lead us
- Lord of all hopefulness, Lord of all joy
- Love divine, all loves excelling
- Love’s redeeming work is done
- Make me a channel of your peace
- Morning has broken
- Now thank we all our God
- O God, our help in ages past
- O Jesus, I have promised
- O Lord my God, when I in awesome wonder
- O Love that wilt not let me go
- Old rugged cross
- Onward Christian soldiers
- Peace, perfect peace
- Praise my soul, the King of Heaven
- Rock of ages, cleft for me
- The day thou gavest, Lord is ended
- The King of love my Shepherd is
- The Lord’s my Shepherd (23rd Psalm/Crimond)
- The strife is o’er, the battle done
- There is a green hill far away
- There is a Redeemer
- Thine be the glory, risen, conquering son
- To God be the glory, great things he has done
- We plough the fields and scatter
- When I survey the wondrous cross