People are never prepared when they lose a loved one or even know how they will react when the time comes. Many of us experience different emotions – guilt, anxiety, confusion, panic, anger, emptiness and extreme sadness.
Below are some links, which we hope will be of some benefit and comfort.
- Child Bereavement UK – Supports families when a baby or child of any age dies or is dying, or when a child is facing bereavement.
- Cruse Bereavement Care – Somewhere to turn when someone dies.
- Grief Encounter – Helping children through bereavement.
- Mind – Support with bereavement.
- Miscarriage Association – For those which have been effected by a miscarriage.
- Nelson’s Journey – A Norfolk charity that supports children and young people up to their 18th birthday that have experienced the death of a significant person in their life.
- RoadPeace – The national charity for those who have been effected by a road traffic accident.
- Samaritans – Someone to talk to.
- Sands – Stillborn & Neonatal Death Charity.
- Solace – End of life support. Tel: 01553 617 821
- WAY, Widowed & Young – Connect with someone who understands.
Talking about death with your children in a simple and honest way – Click Here for a great little film from CBeebies on how one parent has learnt to talk openly about why “Mummy” died, in a way that makes sense to his two young children.